Stablon is an antidepressant agent used in major depression disorder or dysthymia. The generic name of this drug is Tianeptine indicated for treating major depressive episodes.
The Mechanism of Action -
Stablon encloses the main pharmaceutical ingredient tianeptine. It is remarkable selective serotonin reuptake enhancer (SSRE) diminishes the effects of serotonin in the limbic system giving rise to a farce elevation. It is mainly permitted to cure major depression disorders, anxiety disorders, and panic disorders.
Dosing Regimen of Stablon 12.5mg
The best recommended dosage is 12.5mg thrice a day. For elderly patients, suffering from renal insufficiency the dose should be restricted to two Stablon 12.5mg tablets a day. Mode of Administration: A patient has to take this medicine after food. You must follow your doctor's prescription label for Stablon 12.5mg.
Commonly Observed Side Effects associated with Stablon are as under -
Overdose symptoms comprise sleepiness, ruthless abdominal pain, bad dreams, and suicidal thoughts. Ask your health care provider if any of these become troublesome.
Contraindication of Stablon
- Stablon should not be taken with non selective MAOIs and Mianserine.
- DO NOT use If you have an allergy to Tianeptine.
- Stablon is NOT PERMITTED for use in psychotic conditions connected to Dementia.
- The medication is NOT advised for pregnant woman and nursing mother. It can pass through breast milk and may harm the baby.
Note Below Precautionary Measures
- The addiction/dependence potential of Stablon is very less.
- The main dose should be taken at night.
- It can take 4 to 6 weeks for Stablon to start working.
- Avoid driving or operating machinery and activity that demands mental alertness.
- Avoid consuming alcohol, as it may cause excessive drowsiness and calmness.
- It may be extremely dangerous in overdose.