Exelon is a meritorious medication that helps patient in overcoming mild to moderate dementia related to Alzheimer’s or Parkinson’s disease. This medication consists of generic Rivastigmine which by impeding the breakdown of a chemical crucial for the process of thinking, memory, and reasoning assist individuals in boosting their memory, awareness, and ability to carry out daily functions. It enhances the function of nerve cells in the brain as well. Due to such competent action of Exelon, it has been using widely all over the globe.
Action mechanism of Exelon 1.5mg/3mg:
A key moiety Rivastigmine is a carbamate derivative which demonstrates its remedial action by pairing reversibly with and inactivateschlolinesterase such as acetylcholinesterase, butyrylcholinesterase. This counter the hydrolysis of acetylcholine and thus it causes an enhanced concentration of acetylcholine at the cholinergic synapse.
Dosing Schedule of Exelon 1.5mg/3mg:
Dose for the management of mild to moderate Alzheimer’s Disease- A patient, in the beginning, recommended to swallow a 1.5mg dose of Exelon by mouth two times per day with morning and evening meals. If this starting dose is well tolerated, then after at least two weeks dose can be titrated up to a dose of 3mg two times a day.
Dose for the management of mild to moderate Parkinson’s disease- A dose of 1.5mg Exelon is advised to be swallowed twice a day with morning and evening meals. Consequently as per tolerance, this dose can be titrated up to a dose of 3mg orally two times a day and further to 4.5mg two times per day and 6mg twice a day with at least 4 weeks at each dose.
Conflicting factors with Exelon 1.5mg/3mg:
- Escape using Exelon if you are hypersensitive to Rivastigmine or similar medicines as if meprobamate, carisoprodol or neostigmine.
- Patients having medical maladies such as epilepsy, tremors, asthma, liver or kidney disease, a heart rhythm disorder, and urination problems should consult a physician first before using Exelon.
Side effects associated with Exelon 1.5mg/3mg:
While relying on Exelon medication you may come across some side effects:
- Loss of appetite
- Upset stomach
Certain Do’s and Don’ts to be adopted with Exelon 1.5mg/3mg:
- Intake of Exelon may cause you to become drowsy or dizzy and thus it is advised to skip executing actions that want you to be alert after swallowing it.
- Omit alcohol utilization.
- Use this medication only after consulting a physician if you are a pregnant or nursing woman.