This injection is used in women to treat fertility problems, which causes the release of an egg from an ovary. This injection is also indicated in young boys when their testicles have not dropped down into the scrotum which usually occurs due to pituitary gland disorder which is termed as Cryptorchidism. It is used clinically to induce ovulation in the ovaries as well as testosterone production in the testes. HCG is obtained from the urine of a pregnant woman. It is an Injectable preparation traded all over the world for both male and female to resolve infertility problem, the condition in which a female is unable to get pregnant after 1 year of having unprotected sexual intercourse. It is a sterile preparation which derived from the urine of pregnant females. Therefore, pregnancy test kits comprises of HCG for confirmation of pregnancy. The major functions of this drug are, to stimulate the maturation and release of eggs from ovaries in women and in men and for maintaining the sperm count and to treat the condition of the low level of testicles as well as to treat delayed puberty and hypogonadism which defines as reduction or absence of hormone secretion or other physiological activity of the gonads (testes or ovaries).
- In case of females, HCG helps to treat the infertility situation in infertile females by supporting ovary of females to formulate progesterone hormone and cause the continuation of pregnancy in ladies.
- In case of males, HCG helps to produce testosterone hormone and makes development of sexual character in males by acting on genital organ of males and also lift the sperm count.
For men- inject 500 to1, 000 I.U. three times in a week for 3 weeks and it should be followed by the same dose within 2or3 weeks.
For women- inject 5,000to 1,000 I.U, one time within a day.
For treating infertility
- In Female, one time in a day.
- In Male, three times a week.
For treating Cryptorchidism
- Inject 15 injections over a gap of 6 weeks.
- Injected into the muscle.
- Pain at injection site.
- Skin rash.
- Swelling of breast.
- Store at room temperature.
- Patients with heart disease, kidney disease, seizures, migraine, prostate cancer and asthma.
- This drug should not be recommended during pregnancy, become pregnant or planning to become pregnant.
- A lactating mother, which may cause harm to the baby.
- It is not recommended, if you are experiencing abnormally early puberty.
- If you are not aware about how to inject, then do not try to inject yourself.
Avoid use of an excess dose, as it may cause multiple pregnancies means twins baby.