Paxil or Generic Paroxetine (pa ROX e teen) is an anti-depressant. The medication comes with FDA approved tag for the treatment of depression. If you are suffering from anxiety disorders, obsessive compulsive disorder, panic attacks, post-traumatic stress, and premenstrual dysphonic disorder, you can get the medication on your doctor’s Prescription.
Used for the treatment of depression of various origin.
How it Works?
Paxil or Generic Paroxetine is a potent selective inhibitor of neurotransmitter serotonin. It inhibits the reuptake of serotonin at the neuronal synapsis. This action augments serotonergic neurotransmission by decreasing turnover of the neurotransmitter. At synaptic receptor sites it potentiates 5-HT in the central nervous system. It relieves the depression symptoms.
The Dosing Regimen –
The Paxil is available commercially in our store in dosing strength of 10mg, 20mg, 30mg and 40mg in tablet form. The medication is in controlled release form of strength of 12.5mg, 25mg, and 37.5mg. Only your doctor can prescribe the dose as per your medical condition, however underlined are some suggestion as per the ailment:
- For treating depression: Take 20-50 mg once a day OR take 25-62.5mg of controlled release tablet.
- For treating panic disorders: Take 10-40mg of immediate release tablets, once a day OR take 12.5-75mg of controlled release tablets.
- For treating obsessive-compulsive disorder: Take 20-60mg orally is given once a day.
- For treating premenstrual dysphoric syndrome: Take 12.5-25mg strength, once a day.
Mode of administration: Take in the morning with a glass full of water. No chewed.
DO NOT use Paxil in case of underlined Contraindications:
- If you are allergic to Paroxetine or any other ingredient.
- If you are suffering from bipolar disorder, open angle glaucoma or low sodium levels in your blood.
- In case of any hepatic, cardiac or renal condition, DO NOT use Paxil.
Some commonly a sign of side effects includes:
Normally occurring side effects are blurred vision, nausea, dizziness, headache, decreased appetite, loss of libido, insomnia, lack of concentration etc. Ask your health care provider if these tend to prolong.
Precautionary Measure to be taken with Paxil:
- DO NOT drive or operate heavy equipment after using Paxil.
- If you have history of drug abuse you must take Paxil.
- DO NOT use Paxil, if you had any MAO inhibitor in the past 14 days.
- This medication should not be prescribed to anyone younger than 18 years.
Before starting Paxil regimen consult your doctor. With no Rx, the Paxil is not recommended.