What is Forxiga 5mg?
Forxiga is a plausible oral diabetes medication that helps patient having type 2 diabetes in getting better control over it. It exerts its compelling action by helping the kidneys in disposing of glucose from the bloodstream. Regulating high blood sugar this miracle medicine assists patient in hindering the risk of blindness, loss of limbs, nerve problems, kidney damage, sensual function problems and another heart disease which are known to be related to high blood sugar level. Usually, this remedy is used along with adequate die plan and mild exercise for achieving desirable control on high blood sugar level. It envelops generic Dapagliflozin as its crucial ingredient.
What is the mechanism of action of Forxiga 5mg?
Forxiga (Dapagliflozin) is a sodium-glucose cotransporter (SGLT2) inhibitor medication which reveals its therapeutic action by obstructing SGLT2 which is chargeable for the reabsorption of a maximal of glucose filtered out of the blood via the kidney. Hence by suppressing SGLT2, it lessens the reabsorption of filtered glucose and consequently escalates excretion of glucose in the urine.
What is the dosing procedure of Forxiga 5mg?
You should start with an initial dose 5mg to be gulped by mouth with a plentiful amount of water, once in a day. According to need and tolerability, further, this dose can be increased up to a 10mg dose of Forxiga orally once a day. You can consume it with or without a meal. A dose greater than 10mg of Forxiga is contraband to be consumed by a patient in a day unless a physician recommends it.
What are the circumstances under which a patient should not consume Forxiga 5mg?
- Do not pursue treatment with Forxiga if you are hypersensitive to Dapagliflozin or to any other constituents of Forxiga.
- Patients with medical ailments such as severe kidney disease and diabetic ketoacidosis are also not supposed to use Forxiga.
- In case of having medical maladies such as a bladder infection, bladder cancer, liver or kidney disease, cardiac diseases, low blood pressure, and a problem with pancreas it becomes crucial for a patient to seek medical advice first before using Forxiga.
What are the noxious effects that a patient may face while using Forxiga 5mg?
Some of the noxious effects that you may get while using Forxiga:
- runny or stuffy nose
- urinating more than usual
- sore throat
What are the cautionary measures that should be followed by a patient with Forxiga 5mg?
- Any person below the 18 years of age is not permitted to use Forxiga.
- Escape driving, machine handling or doing any alertness required task after engulfing Forxiga.
- Take physician advice formerly following therapy with Forxiga if you are pregnant or breastfeeds.
- Eschew boozing alcohol else it may aggravate patient’s risk of having low blood sugar and a high ketone level.