Aricept is a highly effective medication used for the management of mild to moderate as well as advanced Alzheimer's disease. It improves the symptoms of Alzheimer's disease by rising the amount of definite neurotransmitters in the brain.
How Aricept Works?
Aricept contains Donepezil as the main functional constituent. It belongs to the class of cholinesterase inhibitor that contains Donepezil as the main dynamic constituent accountable for its action. Donepezil works by plummeting the breakdown of acetylcholine and thus improve the quantity of acetylcholine in the brain. Acetylcholine is accountable for wisdom and memory preserved by a person.
General dosing Plan of Aricept:
Aricept is available in a dosing strength of 5mg and 10mg accessible in a tablet dosage form. Take one tablet of Aricept, orally, twice a day (one in the dawn, and another in the late afternoon) with an sufficient amount of water, with or without food. Follow the prescription assigned by your doctor strickly. Avoid over dosing of the medicine. If overdosing occurs, consult your adjacent health check clinic help straight away.
Contraindications of Aricept:
- DO NOT use Aricept if you are sensitive to to Donepezil or any other ingredient present in the medicine.
- If you are suffering from any cardiovascular disorder, liver or kidney then DO NOT use Aricept.
- If you have the past of seizures then DO NOT use Aricept.
- Breastfeeding mothers and Pregnant women SHOULD NOT use Aricept.
- DO NOT change the dose of Aricept suddenly without consulting the doctor
Signs of Side Effects shown by Aricept
Ill Administration or over dosage of the medication Aricept may cause unwanted side effects as under:
- Irregular cardiac beats
- Tired feeling
- Shortness of breath
- Muscle pain
- Lack of coordination
- Lightheaded feeling
You may consult your health care provider if any of these become bothersome and complete stop Aricept usage.
Essential Precautionary Measure with Aricept is as under:
- Aricept alters your thinking process; hence use it cautiously when you are performing any task that requires alertness.
- Avoid Grape fruit juice, alcohol and smoking with this medication.
- Avoid any activity that requires mental alertness.
- Prohibit the alcoholic usage once you are also taking Aricept.
Proper Storage Conditions
Do not freeze the drug and store it at room temperature away from moisture and heat. Keep away from small children reach.