Desyrel is a most competent and unbeaten therapy for the management of all types of depression episodes. Desyrel enclose an FDA-approved generic drug called Trazodone that gives an successful relief against anxiety and insomnia as well. It helps to improve mood, appetite, and energy level by plummeting the symptoms of despair.
How Desyrel Works?
Trazodone combine to the 5-HT2 receptor that obstructs serotonin reuptake by overcrowding serotonin reuptake pump at the presynaptic neuronal membrane. This augments the behavioral modifications influence by the serotonin antecedent, 5-hydroxytryptophan. This also alleviates the symptoms of by enhancing the amount serotonin in the brain interior.
Dosing Plan of Desyrel:
Commercially, Desyrel tablet is comprehensible in two dosage strengths of 50mg and 100mg. Initially, a patient should consume 150mg of Desyrel orally in separated doses for every day. The dose may be enhanced by 50 mg/day every 3 to 4 day up to the highest dose of 400mg per day.
DO NOT take Desyrel in case of underlined Contradictory conditions:
- If you have had a recent heart attack.
- If you are hypersensitive to generic Trazodone or any other components.
- If you are taking or have taken Linezolid or a monoamine oxidase inhibitor (MAOI) within the last 14 days.
Side effects of Desyrel:
Some patients due to over-administration may face some irritating effects while on the treatment of Desyrel such as sickness, queasiness, diarrhea, drowsiness, dizziness, lethargy, blurry vision, headache, bad taste in the mouth, nasal congestion, and change in libido.
Precautionary measures while using Desyrel:
- Intake of Desyrel may cause lightheadedness, so do not execute any unsafe.
- DO NOT breastfeed your child while relying on the treatment.
- If you are planning, your pregnancy or you are pregnant, then without more ado consult your doctor regarding safety of Desyrel medication.
- If you have personal record of bipolar disorder or family history of suicide attempts, then consult your doctor.
- Decrease the dose of an antihypertensive drug if you have to use Desyrel in amalgamation.