Cymbalta is a highly recommended medication for the treatment of major depressive disorders in men. It enfolds of Duloxetine as the main operational component prescribed for the administration of generalized anxiety, chronic nerve pain connected with Fibromyalgia or diabetic neuropathic pain. The medication also useful for enhancing the learning ability and stay focused.
Mechanism Action Mechanism Of Cymbalta
Duloxetine belongs to the classification of heterocyclic antidepressant serotonin-norepinephrine reuptake inhibitor (SNRI). This drug performs by serving to re-establish the equilibrium of certain natural neuron-transmitters like as serotonin and norepinephrine in the brain.
Dosage Regimen Of Cymbalta
The Cymbalta is available in two doasge strengths of 30mg or 60mg. It is an orally devoured medication. You can take it as prescribed by your doctor with or without food.
For the major depressive order: Patient needs to take 40 mg (20 mg two twice / day) and 60 mg either once in a day or 30mg twice in a day. Follow the doctor's prescription label carefully. However, the patient can start their medicine with a dose of 30 mg one time daily, for one week and augment it up to 60 mg once in a day.
For the management of Anxiety: The patient has to start treatment with 30mg / day, continues up to 1 week followed by amplified dose of 60 mg once every day. In both cases, highest dose does not go beyond 120mg per day. For other take the dose as approved by your doctor.
Some Side effects of Cymbalta
Ill administration of Cymbalta may lead to some temporary noxious effects mentioned as under:
- Upset stomach
- Loss of appetite
Essential Precautionary measures to be followed with Cymbalta are as under -
- The intake of Cymbalta is risky under the therapeutic condition of the liver, kidney, seizers, epilepsy, and high blood pressure, the past of drug abuse.
- Do not take this medication if you are allergic reaction with Duloxetine.
- Avoid intake of alcohol while relying on treatment with Cymbalta.
- If you are a pregnant or breastfeeding, then avoid the intake of Cymbalta.
- It might impair your thinking aptitude, be alert while driving.