- Premarin tablets contain estrogen, which is a female sex hormone produced by the ovaries.
- This tablet works as a hormonal replacement therapy, which includes the treatment with oestrogens with the aim of alleviating menopausal symptoms or osteoporosis, a disease in which the density and quality of bone are reduced. As bones become more porous and fragile, the risk of fracture is greatly increased. The loss of bone occurs silently and progressively in postmenopausal women with estrogen deficiency.
- Premarin tablet is used to treat symptoms of menopause such as hot flashes which means sensation of warmth to intense heat on upper body and face followed by chills, and vaginal dryness, burning, and irritation and also helps in replacement of estrogen in women with ovarian failure or other conditions that cause a lack of natural estrogen in the body.
- Premarin tablet also used for the treatment of cancer in both women and men.
- This tablet also use for the treatment of Hypogonadism which refers as reduction or absence of hormone secretion or other physiological activity of the gonads (testes or ovaries), during Castration which defines as the removal of the testicles in man and to treat loss of ovarian function.
For postmenopausal symptoms
- Women with Uterus should take 0.3 mg- 1.25 mg daily.
For Postmenopausal Osteoporosis
- Administer a dose of 0.625 mg daily.
Women with uterus
- The tablet should administer for 12-14 days every 28 days cycle to reduce the risk of endometrium which defines as the lining of mucous membrane covering the uterus, which get thickens during the menstrual cycle in preparation for implantation of an embryo.
- With or without food.
- Nausea or vomitting.
- Stomach cramp.
- Swelling in hands or feet.
- Hair loss.
- Vaginal discharge.
- Herbal Drugs.
- Vitamin Supplements.
- Not recommended.
Breast – feeding:
- Not recommended.
- Should be given in patients with liver diseases, Diabetes, Asthma, high blood pressure, Migraine, Breast cancer, ovarian cancer, vaginal bleeding.
- Store at 20 to 25 degree Celsius temperature and dispense in tight close container.
- Women should go for regular physical examination and should self-examine her breast on monthly basis while treating with Premarin tablet.