What is Clindac A 15gm?
Clindac A is a well-known gel preparation that competently fights bacteria and thus aids patients in conquering acne skin conditions. It is a renowned antibiotic medication which by hampering the growth of bacteria assists in lessening the number of acne lesions which in turn helps patients in accomplishing an acne free brightening skin. It accommodates generic Clindamycin Phosphate as its main functional component.
How do Clindac A 15gm gel treats acne?
Clindac A (Clindamycin) works by lowering the free fatty acid concentrations on the skin and by impeding the growth of Propionibacterium acnes (Corynebacterium acnes), an anaerobe found in sebaceous glands and follicles. In this way it treats acne.
How should a patient apply Clindac A gel preparation?
Clean the affected skin region with a mild cleanser or soap. Pat your skin dry and apply the gel preparation to the affected skin region in a thin layer, twice a day. You need not to cover up the treated skin region after gel application with bandages or any other absorbent. After applying the medication wash your hands adequately. Use this gel preparation regularly in order to attain maximum results with it.
What are the conditions under which a patient should not use Clindac A 15gm?
Clindac gel is strictly contraindicated to be used if a patient have any of the below-mentioned conditions:-
- Hypersensitivity to Clindamycin or Lincomycin
- Inflammation of intestine
- History of severe diarrhea due to intake of antibiotic medication
- Ulcerative colitis
What are the undesirable effects that a patient may get while using Clindac A 15gm?
Clindac A gel may lead its patient to face some undesirable effects. This include-:
- Mild dryness of treated skin region
- Oily skin
- Mild burning or itching sensation at the site of application
- Redness or other skin irritation
What are the preventive measures that should be kept in mind by a patient with Clindac A 15gm gel?
- Evade applying any other medicated skin products to affected skin region besides Clindac A gel unless your doctor directs you to do so.
- While applying the gel preparation prevent its contact with your eyes, nose, and mouth and if unintentionally gel content gets into them then immediately flush them with water.
- Before using this gel preparation in a child less than 12 years old, you need to take medical advice.
- Pregnant and breastfeeding women should use this gel only after seeking medical advice.