Benzagel is a well-known topical gel preparation that helps patients in combating the mess of mild to moderate acne. It possesses competent antibacterial effect due to which after application on the skin it influentially diminishes the amount of acne producing bacteria and thus empower person in accomplishing a glowing acne free skin. It also possesses mild drying effect which facilitates excess oils and dirt to be washed out from the skin with ease. It envelops generic Benzoyl Peroxide as its main therapeutic agent.
Action mechanism of Benzagel:
A functional module Benzoyl Peroxide after application on skin disintegrates to release oxygen. This oxygen functions as a bactericidal agent against Propionibacterium acnes, the bacteria present in acne vulgaris. Besides this it also escalates the turnover rate of epithelial cells, thereby peeling the skin and boosting the resolution of comedones.
Method of application of Benzagel:
Wash your hands before applying Benzagel to your skin and clean your skin as well. After getting your skin dry, apply Benzagel to the skin in the form of a thin film. Rub it gently in a circular motion and do not cover the treated skin region unless your physician tells you to do so. Apply Benzagel regularly one to three times a day in order to achieve optimal results with it. Wash your hands again after making application of Benzagel to the skin.
Conflicting factors with Benzagel:
Benzagel is contraindicated to be used if a person is hypersensitive to Benzoyl Peroxide or if he/she has a sensitive skin condition such as eczema or wounds.
Annoying effects of Benzagel:
Application of Benzagel may cause a user to face some mild annoying effects:
- Redness of skin
- Skin dryness, flaking or peeling
- Itching or tingly feeling
- Mild burning or stinging sensation
Preventive steps to be followed with Benzagel:
- Be careful while applying Benzagel so that it will not get inside your nose, mouth and into your eyes. If it happens, then rinse the area with an abundant sum of water.
- Always remember this topical preparation is not intended to be applied on sunburned, chapped, dry, irritated, windburned or broken skin condition.
- Seek physician advice prior employing any other medicated skin product besides Benzagel.
- Evade exposures to sunlight or wear full sleeved clothes, hat and use sunscreen while moving outside.