What is Arimidex?
Arimidex is an outstanding medication that assists postmenopausal women to fight the breast cancer competently. It incorporates an FDA approved generic Anastrozole as its main therapeutic agent which through diminishing the estrogen level in sufferer women slows down the development of certain kinds of breast cancer which requires estrogen to spread in the body. Additionally, this medicine also has been recognized to be beneficial in women whose cancer has grown even after consuming Tamoxifen.
How does Arimidex impart its action in treating breast cancer?
Arimidex (Anastrozole) imparts its action by selectively hampering enzyme aromatase. Suppression of aromatase enzyme results in the lowering of serum and tumor concentration of estrogen which in turn leads to a diminution in tumor mass or delayed development of tumor growth in some women.
How should a patient consume Arimidex?
A woman is usually counseled to devour a 1mg dose of Arimidex by mouth with a bountiful sum of water once in a day. A tablet should be swallowed as a whole without breaking, crushing or chewing it in the mouth. It can be devoured irrespective of the meal. A treatment with Arimidex may follow up to 5 years.
What are the circumstances under which a patient is not permitted to use Arimidex?
- You should not use Arimidex if you are allergic to Anastrozole.
- You should consult a physician formerly using Arimidex if you are struggling with a medical disorder such as circulation problems, high cholesterol, osteoporosis, severe hepatic impairment, cardiac disease, or a history of stroke or blood clot.
What are the adverse effects that a patient may acquire while relying on Arimidex?
There are some adverse effects that have been noticed with Arimidex utilization such as nausea, vomiting, joint pain or stiffness, weakness, hot flashes, headache, back pain, sore throat, and insomnia.
What are the Do’s and Don’ts with Arimidex therapy?
- A lactating woman or a woman who has not yet completed menopause is not permitted to utilize Arimidex.
- After swallowing Arimidex tablets you should not implement any task that demands you to be alert such as riding a vehicle or apparatus handling.
- Stop drinking alcohol as far as you will use Arimidex.
- This medication is contraindicated to be gulped by any pregnant woman.